Access to Kuroshima
The ferry is required to board the ship at the Kuroshima Passenger Ship Ticket Office at the Municipal Ao Pier Pier Waiting Station.
In addition, advance booking is necessary when putting a car on a ferry. Booking place Kuroshima passenger shipTEL:0956-56-2516
We are recommending public transportation etc until Aiura pier.
There is no free parking space at the ferry waiting area at Aikaura pier.
There is a limited number of parking spaces in the neighborhood, but we recommend that you use public transportation on the day when congestion is anticipated.
[About paid parking lot near Aiura Pier]
- Bus: Take Sasebo Municipal Bus or Saihi Bus bound for Ainoura Pier. About 35 min. from Sasebo train station.
- Matsuura Railway: Get off at Aega Station from Sasebo Station (about 30 minutes), arrive at Aiko Pier about 6 minutes on foot from Aikaura Station.
- Taxi: It is about 22 minutes from the Sasebo station to the Municipal Aipu pier waiting station on the ordinary road.
- Kuroshima island: There are no public transportation facilities such as buses or private transportation companies such as taxis on the island.
On the island you can reserve a rental cycle at Kuroshima Welcome House or ask the travel destination for your accommodation.
- Ocean taxi: There is a guide on the aisle taxi to Kuroshima (reservation system) at Aikaura pier.
Transportation to Kuroshima
- Municipal bus
- Sasebo Municipal Transportation Bureau
- Seibu bus
- Seishi Bus website
- Highway Express Bus Reservations
- Sasebo Taxi Association
- Sasebo City Taxi Association website
- ▼ Nagasaki Airport Jumbo Taxi
携 帯 http://www.jumbotaxi.info/m
◆ Ferry (bound for Takashima island & Kuroshima island)
About Kuroshima Ferry
Travel Time: About 50 min. (Ainoura to Kuroshima)
Service Frequency: Three Times a Day (Regular & Special Schedules)
Passenger Capacity: 130 (up to 200)
Vehicle Capacity: 10 Standard Cars & 2 Light Cars
Barrier-free: You can board the smooth even in a wheelchair.
Maiden Service: Oct 1, 2015 (182 tons)
In the following cases, please call the Kuroshima office.
- Regarding vehicles, reservations are needed. We accept reservations from one month before just on the same date.
- In case of a big group, some may not be able to board depending on the number. (regardless of vehicles)
- Services may be cancelled due to heavy weather.
To those who are sightseeing
How long is it from Kuroshima Port to Kuroshima Catholic Church?
What is the movement in Kuroshima?
How about meals in Kuroshima?
Advance reservation for church visits?
Is there a public toilet?
Can I use smartphones? Before sightseeing, please read "First time in Kuroshima" Q & A collection.